Cameron Wright has been chosen as our athlete of the month. We caught up with Cam on the eve of his first race for 2018 being held at Nerang, QLD. We asked him a few questions about his training and racing;
1. How were you introduced to Mountain Biking?
By my dad at around the age of 5 (For racing) – I did ride generally around the back yard and at bike parks as a kid too.
2. How long have you been training with PCS?
Since early 2013 when I was just 12 years old.
3. What have been your best achievements to date?
Becoming Junior World Champion last year in Cairns in front of a home crowd!!!
4. What are you short term goals (6-12 months)?
Win all National series and National Championship, as well as junior world series races, and retain my World Champ title in 2018 in Lenzerheide, Switzerland.
5. What are your long-term goals?
Make it to Olympics and win Gold.
6. What do you like about training with Donna from PCS?
EVERYTHING. Donna is an all round excellent coach. She knows what to do in any situation and she is very easy to work with!