Roll of honour
- Cameron Wright (Junior World Champion 2017)
- Lisa Mathison (Junior World Champion 2002 & 2003, Athens Olympian 2004)
- Brad Clarke (National Champion)
- Callum Carson (Australian Representative)
- Luke Brame (Australian Representative)
- Phoebe Thompson (Australian Representative)
- Nick Pedler (Australian Representative)
- Shell Woods (National & Oceania 24hr Solo Champion)
- Hayley Oakes (National Champion)
- Joel Dodds (National Champion)
Australias Most Awarded Mountain Bike Coach
- MTBA Hall Of Fame 2020
- MTBA Coach of the Year 2018
- MTBA Coach of the Year 2017
- MTBA Coach of the Year 2016
- Level 2 UCI Coaching Certification
- NCAS Level 2 Cycling Coach
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Science: Sports Coaching, University of Queensland, 2006
Whats My Philosophy?
Before each conversation I am asking the tough questions; how can I can serve my athletes better?
My purpose is to help Mountain Bike athletes get fast, have fun and feel a sense of achievement in their training and racing.
My mission is to provide a positive training environment assisting my athletes to achieve their goals both on and off the bike.
I am constantly finding new ways to serve my athletes better. I am on a learning journey to bring the best out of myself, so I can bring the best out of my athletes!
Before each conversation I am asking the tough questions; how can I can serve my athletes better? What goals can we set? What plans can we put in place to get more out of the training process?
I help my athletes to engage with the process, so they are constantly learning and challenging themselves and make training fun again!
I am persistently looking for new ways to improve performance. I continuously learn so I can impart my knowledge and experience to my athletes in all aspects of rules, technique, training methodologies, sports science, sports psychology and tactics. I educate athletes in the process of performance and take away the focus of outcomes being the main focal point of success.
I establish a good rapport and working relationship with all athletes. I am flexible and attentive to each individual athlete, as no two athletes are the same. I am encouraging and give praise and recognition where it is due. I create an environment that ensures that training is a positive and pleasurable experience.
I make a daily commitment to my role as a coach and show great drive, passion, persistence, patience and enthusiasm. I'm a role model and pay close attention to how I turn up, bring big energy and my best attitude so I can engage and inspire my athletes.
I encourage self-development in all athletes both on and off the bike. I ensure that life skills are not lost to the elite athlete so that they are able to establish a career after their athletic career has finished. I ensure that every opportunity to learn new skills are given to my athletes.
I encourage my athletes to participate as equals with an emphasis on respect for each other and strongly promote rules of fair play. I have a ZERO TOLERANCE anti-doping ethic.