Training for road and training for mountain bike events are uniquely different and on the other hand there is no doubt they can also greatly complement each other. However to become a successful mountain biker, you will need to train specifically for the repeated power outputs typical of the terrain such short steep climbs, tight switchbacks, plus rocks, logs, ruts, steep descents and other obstacles. All contribute to the highly variable output power demands of mountain bike racing and riding.
"9 months into my PCS program and I've gone from a local mid-pack C grader to an aspiring-to-win A grader. Jodie Willett uses her extensive racing experience to help me use my time in the most effective way possible, and she seems to be available for coaching advice around the clock. Get on it!" - Lachlan Tait
MTB101 is the name of PCS’s premier MTB training program specifically designed for Cross Country mountain bike racing including XCO, XCC, XCM and multi-lap endurance events. Why brag when the results of our PCS athletes speak for themselves!
PCS has coached numerous athletes with tremendous results including;
- Lisa Mathison (2 x Junior World Champion 2003 & 2004)
- Lindsay Gorrell (U/23 National Champion 2008)
- Erica Oldfield (U/19 National Champion 2004 & Australian Representative 2004 World Championships)
- Aiden Lefmann (Australian Representative 2000 World Championships & Multiple National Series Leader)
- Perren Delacour (Australian Representative at World Championships 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 & 2006)
- Justin Case (2nd National Championships U/19 & Australian Representative 2004 World Championships)
- Glenn Stewart (Australian Representative 2006 World Championships)
- Billy Sewell (U/19 National Champion 2011 & Australian Representative 2011 World Championships), just to name a few.
MTB101 Coaching Package
When you sign up for MTB101 you get all the features:
- Fully personalised Annual Plan & Daily Training Program
- PCS Information & Training Guide booklet
- PCS Strength & Conditioning training
- PCS Feedzone (nutritional guide)
- PCS Psychology training
- PCS Training Diary
- Access to our on-line resources and community