Mountain Bike Training
Mountain Bike Training and training for road cycling are uniquely different and on the other hand there is no doubt they can also greatly complement each other. However to become a successful mountain biker, you will need to train specifically for the repeated power outputs typical of the terrain such short steep climbs, tight switchbacks, plus rocks, logs, ruts, steep descents and other obstacles. They all contribute to the highly variable output power demands of mountain bike racing and riding.
"9 months into my PCS program and I've gone from a local mid-pack C grader to an aspiring-to-win A grader. Jodie Willett uses her extensive racing experience to help me use my time in the most effective way possible, and she seems to be available for coaching advice around the clock. Get on it!" - Lachlan Tait
Mountain Bike Training from Progressive Coaching Systems is individually designed and tailored specificially for each cycling discipline including Cross Country (XCO), Cross Country Eliminator (XCE), Cross Country Marathon (XCM) both point to point and multi-lap endurance events, 24 hour Solo and Team Events, Downhill (DHi), Gravity Enduro (GE) and Cyclocross.
Why brag when the tremendous results of our PCS athletes speak for themselves!
• Lisa Mathison (2 x Junior World Champion 2003 & 2004)
• Lindsay Gorrell (U/23 National Champion 2008)
• Erica Oldfield (U/19 National Champion 2004 & Australian Representative 2004 World Championships)
• Aiden Lefmann (Australian Representative 2000 World Championships & Multiple National Series Leader)
• Perren Delacour (Australian Representative at World Championships 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 & 2006)
• Justin Case (2nd National Championships U/19 & Australian Representative 2004 World Championships)
• Glenn Stewart (Australian Representative 2006 World Championships)
• Billy Sewell (U/19 National Champion 2011 & Australian Representative 2011 World Championships), just to name a few.
Regardless of what you are training for on your bike…PCS has your covered! If you would like more information on how Progressive Coaching Systems can help you…please contact us here!